Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Devil You Know by Mike Carey



Rating: 3.5/5

Review: This was interesting, suspensful, and had a good ending. So, why the heck did I have such a hard time trying to finish the book? I'm not quite sure. The main character, Felix, wasn't exactly boring. Perhaps it was just the writing style. I found myself caring about the characters, but too bored to find out what happened next. Of course, I was curious enough to keep returning to the book, but there was never an intense need to get right back to it. I'll only reccomend this one to the die hard paranormal fans who really love a good ghost story and the occasional succubus out for some male libido.

Book Description: Felix Castor used to cast out demons for a living. But in a time when the supernatural realm is in upheaval, his skills are in renewed demand. The one final, well-paying assignment he accepts, however, is rapidly turning into a "who can kill Castor first" competition, with demons, were-beings, and ghosts all keen to claim the big prize.

No comments: