Saturday, April 25, 2009

Bad Politics and Murder in a Small Southern Town


Rating: 4/5
Review: This was basically a sequel to Iles's The Quiet Game, featuring Penn Cage. He's a great character, with natural flaws. The small town of Natchez, MS is the backdrop, and I wonder if it truly has the racial and political wars that Iles portrays. Parts of this book were very raw with their details, but as a whole, it was completely enthralling. It also deals with some very real, and scary issues that teenagers face today. It makes me nervous just thinking about my son attending high school years from now. There were a couple of interesting twists towards the end, which I like, and the climax was well done. I really hope that there will be more Penn Cage novels.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm only about halfway through, but I'm really enjoying it. I have to say I'm happy my daughter's not a teenager, yet.