Sunday, May 23, 2010

Art Theft and a Determined Assasin



My Rating: 3/5

Review: I struggled to stay interested in this book, and I might have given up on it had it not been the book-of-the-month for my reading group on yahoo. The premise was ineteresting enough, but the writing seemed to drag a little bit. There were descriptions that droned on, dull conversations, and very little action. I did like the mystery, however, and the author's take on a real-life art theft. I would have to say, however, that this book is more for crime theorists, then the average mystery fan.

Book Description:In 1990, $300 million worth of paintings were stolen from Boston's Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum in what remains one of the greatest unsolved art thefts of the twentieth century. Now, nearly twenty years later, the case threatens to break wide open. Members of Boston's criminal underground are turning up dead, and the M.O. suggests IRA training. When Scott Finn learns that one of his clients, Devon Malley, was part of the heist, he's quickly drawn into the crossfire.

No comments: