Thursday, June 17, 2010

Witch on the Run



My Rating: 4/5

Review: I enjoyed Rachel Morgan's banter, and the crazy situations she gets herself into. I actually started this series with the third book, Every Which Way But Dead, for some reason. I'm glad I have now gotten the background information of Rachel, and how she got started in her own "running" business. She is a tough witch with an even tougher female vampire for a room mate, and a feisty pixy for a partner. Well, really, they are all partners, and have all left the I.S. (a magical form of the F.B.I. that takes down magical creatures who have broken the law) at the same time. Rachel's leaving has caused her to have a bounty on her head, and she has to track down a very bad guy to get her name cleared and her contract paid off. It's a magical wild ride full of interesting creatures, including a very nasty demon she will have to owe favor to. I'll definitely have to collect this series.

Book Description: All the creatures of the night gather in "the Hollows" of Cincinnati, to hide, to prowl, to party ... and to feed.

Vampires rule the darkness in a predator-eat-predator world rife with dangers beyond imagining -- and it’s Rachel Morgan's job to keep that world civilized.

A bounty hunter and witch with serious sex appeal and an attitude, she'll bring 'em back alive, dead ... or undead.

No comments: