Thursday, August 11, 2011

Story Behind a Painting



My Rating: 4/5

Review: This was much like reading a classic novel, and I thouroughly enjoyed it. Greit was almost unlikeable with her saucy outlook at times, but I couldn't resist her spunk. I liked that she didn't always just let people walk all over her, especially bratty children. I also liked getting a glimpse of what it may have been like in a painter's world. It made me want to see Vermeer's works. I will definitely be checking out other books by Tracy Chevalier.

Book Description: History and fiction merge seamlessly in Tracy Chevalier's luminous novel about artistic vision and sensual awakening. Through the eyes of sixteen-year-old Griet, the world of 1660s Holland comes dazzlingly alive in this richly imagined portrait of the young woman who inspired one of Vermeer's most celebrated paintings.

No comments: