Monday, February 16, 2009

The Old West



Rating: 4/5

Review: This was my first western book that wasn't considered a romance. I liked it a lot, and I am already starting it's sequel, Resolution. I saw the movie version first, and I enjoyed it. I liked having a visual of the characters already in my mind. Of course, I love Viggo Mortenson, and he was an excellent Everett Hitch. If you like John Wayne movies, then you should like this book. It's a classic western theme, and though a bit harsh at times, it was a great story. It seemed quite true to it's genre, and history. It was also a very easy and fast read.

Book Description: In one of Parker's finest, two gunmen arrive in the lawless town of Appaloosa where the actions of a renegade rancher have already taken their toll.

No comments: