Thursday, January 21, 2010

Beautiful Monsters


Rating: 5/5
Review: I was hesitant about this book for some reason. I suppose it's because I liked Graceling so much and wondered why the author decided to write another book that didn't have my favorite characters in it. I was so very wrong. This book was more enchanting, enthralling, and exciting. The protagonist, Fire, was a joy to read about. Cashore's ability to take her reader's to a fantasy world where colorful monsters exist just astounds me. I was completely consumed by this book, and I practically missed an entire day while reading it. I can't wait to see what else my new favorite author will create next.
Book Description: She is the last of her kind...
It is not a peaceful time in the Dells. In King City, the young King Nash is clinging to the throne, while rebel lords in the north and south build armies to unseat him. War is coming. And the mountains and forest are filled with spies and thieves. This is where Fire lives, a girl whose beauty is impossibly irresistible and who can control the minds of everyone around her.
Exquisitely romantic, this companion to the highly praised Graceling has an entirely new cast of characters, save for one person who plays a pivotal role in both books. You don't need to have read Graceling to love Fire. But if you haven't, you'll be dying to read it next.

1 comment:

Kari said...

*sigh* I loved this book so much. I read it before Graceling and as afraid I wouldn't like Graceling as much, but I did although I think Fire is my favorite character out of both books. I want to read it again!