Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year, New Challenges

Well, I've never posted a challenge on here before, but I'm really liking the sound of the one I just entered. It's The Gilmore Girls Reading Challenge. You can find it here:
http://www.gilmoregirlschallenge.blogspot.com/

I plan on doing the Lorelai challenge, which is 10 books from at least four different categories.

Here are the books I plan on reading:

Classics:
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
The Raven by Edgar Allen Poe


Children's/YA:
Freaky Friday by Mary Rodgers
Encyclopedia Brown, Boy Detective by Donald Sobol

Modern Classics:
A Room With a View by E.M. Forster
To Have and Have Not by Ernest Hemingway

Non-Fiction:
The Miracle Worker by William Gibson

Other:
Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen
The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells

We'll see how well I do. I tried to be realistic, since I don't always do too well with classics.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

So glad that you're joining us! I'm pushing myself on the classics, too. I'm also hoping to get into some more non-fiction but I don't know if that'll happen since I'm also trying to stick to the books I own as much as possible.