Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Big Cat Rocks



My Rating: 5/5

Review: It's been quite a while since I had the urgent need to get back to the book I'm reading while having to do something else. Jane Yellowrock is such an intriguing character, and she is definitely going down as one of my all-time favorites. It's pretty difficult to write a paranormal book without it becoming hoaky, but Faith Hunter does an excellent job of it. It was exciting, with plenty of on-the-edge-of-your-seat suspense. Good action scenes, a comical moment here and there, and great characters. I can't wait to read the next book in the series. I am also looking forward to learning more about Jane and her witchy friend, Molly.

Book Description: As a freelance skinwalker, Jane Yellowrock spends most of her time hunting down snarling vampires. In her latest gig, however, this Cherokee stalker receives a call from an unexpected client: New Orleans vampire madam Katherine Fontaneau wants Jane's help in "neutralizing" a rogue of her species who has been slaughtering other vampires. A steamy, action-packed mass market original.

No comments: