Monday, May 23, 2011

What's Under the Floor?



My Rating: 3.5/5

Review: The beginning didn't draw me in as much I would have liked, but by somewhere in the middle, I was hooked. Too many descriptions tended to slow the story down a bit, and I never seem to like it when the author shows the character's thoughts. The action was great, though, and there was an unexpected twist at the end. I liked the main character, Nat Greco, who has a big family that's always in her business. She is short, but spunky. She loves books. She sometimes has trouble getting through to her students. She's very relatable, which makes her predicaments seem real. So, not an overly fast-paced novel, but a good read nonetheless.

Book Description: Mousy University of Pennsylvania assistant law professor Natalie "Nat" Greco, finds herself in way over her head when an unintended visit to a minimum-security prison in nearby Chester County puts her in the middle of a deadly uprising -- and places her at the center of an elaborate plot that involves an incarcerated crime boss and more than a few improbable conspirators.

No comments: