Saturday, March 17, 2012

Boggy, Soggy, Mess



My Rating: 2/5

Review: Unfortunately, I struggled with this fourth book in the Mary Russell series. I was bored out of my mind for the most part, which is very disappointing. I still like Mary, of course, and her husband, but the storyline lacked the magic that drew me to the series in the first place. I'll continue with the series, but I sincerely hope that the next book picks up the pace again.

Book Description: Holmes and Russell are summoned to Devonshire to solve a tin miner's mysterious death. Lonely Dartmoor provides plenty of opportunities for King to both relate the haunting legends of that part of the world and offer some amusing revisions to one of Holmes's most famous cases, The Hound of the Baskervilles. Though Holmes purists might resent the liberties taken with their hero, readers in search of a strong female protagonist, some fascinating local history, and spooky ambience will enjoy The Moor.

No comments: