Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Friendship Overcomes




My Rating: 4/5

Review: This was a wonderful book about the strength of friendship and life for women in the 60's and 70's. I loved the camaraderie and diversity of the five women who became known amongst themselves as the Wednesday Sisters. Each woman has her own story, of course, and her own trials to bear. They become each other's support around every turn, every crazy bend in the road. Writing becomes the center point of they're weekly meetings, and a way for them to become even closer. I enjoyed the retro vibe through out the story, and the historic references to what was going on during that time. It made me laugh, made me think, and it even made me cry a little bit. Good stuff.

Book Description:Friendship, loyalty, and love lie at the heart of Meg Waite Clayton’s beautifully written, poignant, and sweeping novel of five women who, over the course of four decades, come to redefine what it means to be family.

No comments: